Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Please citizen, I want to bring my wife to Ireland from

Customer Question

Hello, please I am EU citizen, I want to bring my wife to Ireland from Spain, do she need a visa
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Spain living in Ireland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want to know if my wife can come without a visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 16 days ago.
1.  Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your Question.  I am your Expert and I will help you with it today.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 16 days ago.

2.  What is the nationality of your wife?  Is she an EU citizen or a non EU citizen?  Does she want to work in Ireland?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My wife nationality is non EU citizen, I am EU and we are legally married , she is coming to work
Expert:  Buachaill replied 16 days ago.
3.  If you wish your wife to come to Ireland with you, then you apply for a Join Family visa at the following link https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-irish-national/join-family-visa/.  This can be pursuant to the EU Directive on Family Reunification or it can be pursuant to your right as an EU citizen to have your family reside with you in Ireland.  So, read the webpage carefully and note the documents you need to submit for your application.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 16 days ago.

4.  Sorry I sent you the incorrect link as that was for joining an Irish national. Here is the correct link for joining an EU citizen https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-eea-or-swiss-national/

Expert:  Buachaill replied 16 days ago.

5.  If you require clarification or if there is additional information you wish to share, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.