Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

We have our 5 years on Representative of Overseas Business

We have our 5 years on Representative of Overseas Business visa in June and now preparing ILR applications. I always thought that ILR applications may be submitted 28 days prior to 5 years of continuous residence under that visa, however... now immigration rules says the following:
Qualifying period requirement for settlement by a Representative of an Overseas Business:
ROB 14.1. The applicant must have spent the last 5 years before the date of application in the UK with permission as a Representative of an Overseas Business.
It seems like 28 days rule was scrapped at some point of time? Or not?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: irrelevant question :)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no.

Further to your question, I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'd prefer to discuss in chat, thanks

Apologies as the phone option is automated.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, sorry I am just first time using this service

The 28 day rule does not seem to be there for the Overseas Representative Visa as you need to have completed 5 years in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-representative-of-an-overseas-business

Qualifying period requirement for settlement by a Representative of an Overseas Business

I would therefore suggest that you apply after you have spent 5 years exactly in the UK

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
that is the plan now. Thank you. Just was looking for a confirmation

I am glad that I was able to provide you with that confirmation as the Immigration Rules can be a minefield.

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website today