Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

What supporting documents are required for a UK visit visa

What supporting documents are required for a UK visit visa for a 4 month old baby?

Further to your question, I am an Immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You will need to provide the Birth Certificate, copy of parents Passports and the same financial evidence that the parents are providing for their visitor visa, presuming the parents are travelling at the same time as the child

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am a british citizen so i wont be applying for a visa for myself. She is currently on a pakistani passport, hence the visit visa.

If you are British, then your child I presume is British, so why are you applying for a visitor visa rather than a British Passport. Furthermore, where is the mother?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am currently with my daughter in pakistan. Applying for a british passport from here will take 8 months-1 year. I spoke to a lawyer here recently and was advised to take her with me on a visitor visa and apply for her british passport from the UK. I only needed a bit of clarification on what suppprting documents i need to provide for her visa.

Kindly note that British Passports are taking on average 4-6 weeks as we recently did one,

You will need to provide evidence of where the mother is as part of the visitor visa application and evidence of where the child will be staying along with your bank statements to prove that you will be financially supporting her.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they are, from the UK.
When i enquired here in Pakistan, i was told by the passport office it would take 8 months. Please note i am the mother enquiring all this information.

Many thanks for the clarification.

In that case you will need to prove, your her mother, Birth Certificate and any maternity records, evidence of where you will be staying in the UK and your Bank Statements,.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website below.