How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2229
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I’m living here since 2015 and my boyfriend moved here

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I’m Szilvia, I’m living here since 2015 and my boyfriend moved here 12.11.2021. Can we apply for pre-settlement for him? Am I able to be his sponsor?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we contacted to a immigration lawyer but we find it out, is a scammer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She applied for settlement status


Further to your question, I am an Immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good afternoon, Thank you


Kindly note that unfortunately you cannot apply for him as due to Brexit you have to me married before the deadline of 30th Dec 2020.

Further to our conversation as discussed you will either need to enter into marriage and thereafter apply for a spouse visa. Alternatively if he can find  a job whether the employer is willing to sponsor him he can apply for a Skilled Worker Visa however he will need to travel back and apply from there.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where can I report that scammer?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If we going to be marry in June, we need to wait 2 years ?

You can apply as soon as you enter into marriage and you do not need to show the 2 years.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you

You can report them to the following link

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can I please have one more question?


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What are the requirements for the spouse visa ? What level of English exam required ?
It will be Level A1 English
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you

All the best