LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Is filling VAF 4A APPENDIX 2 a requirement for spouse visa?

Is filling VAF 4A APPENDIX 2 a requirement for spouse visa ? If the sponsor who is a british citizen has a dependent child who isunder 18 and a uk citizen need to fill part 4 of VAF A2 appendix 2form where maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirements. It mentions under Part 4that it is applicable to children who are not required to meet the financial requirements. So does that mean a sponsor with a uk citizen child should fill part 4?
JA: What steps has the sponsor taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does the sponsor live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: Sponsor is UK citizen and the applicant is Indian citizen.
JA: Has the sponsor talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Sponsor is applying on her own
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Good morning I

am Lawyer Ak and I will assisting you today.

The sponsor would just need to state the children they have even though they are not applying which is looked at towards the financial requirement whether can maintain partner in U.K.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Lawyer Ak, thanks for your response. But my points are not not clearedI have two points that I'm not sure of. Firstly, whether VAFA4 Appendix 2needs to be filled in?
Secondly, if part 4 needs to be filled in since I have a child whi is british citizen and I'm the sponsor and he doesn't fall part of financial assessment?
VAFA4 Apoendix 2 needs to be filled out and part 4 must be filled out. Your sponsor needs to fill his details.