Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

I am a UK citizen but also have had Yemeni citizenship. I

I am a UK citizen but also have had Yemeni citizenship. I now want to renounce my Yemeni citizenship. Is there a way to do this. Thank you for your advice on this.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have tried to contact the Yemeni embassy without success
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no I have not contacted a lawyer. I am a full UK citizen with a passport. I live in Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to renounce my Yemeni citizenship as I am originally from Uganda and they do not allow multiple citizenships.

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Kindly note that the Yemen is one of the few countries that do not allow you to renounce your citizenship. 

Please see the guidance below

https://best-citizenships.com/2018/12/09/these-countries-does-not-allow-renouncing-citizenship/

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you - I look forward to hearing from you

However you can contact the Yemeni Embessay in London to see if they could possibly assist you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. I have tried to speak to them and could not get a response. Thank you anyway
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Now that I have my answer how do I cancel my subscription?

You will need to contact customer service, top right hand corner

Many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website