Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Uk Sponsors landlord has provided a letter confirming that

Uk Sponsors landlord has provided a letter confirming that his wife upon successful entry clearance can reside at the property after passing referencing and the right to rent. My questions is- does this letter carry the risk of failing the referencing and ultimately UK sponsor not satisfying the accommodation requirement? How can this be resolved.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

Sponsor has to prove that he/she has adequate accommodation in the UK for him/herself and the dependents.

It can be demonstrated by providing tenancy agreement ., if the property is being rented by the sponsor

If the property is owned, then title deed of the property.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your response. The UK Sponsor has tenancy agreement but his landlord wants to do a new agreement when his wife joins him and passes referencing. What will happen if she can't pass referencing? She has no bank account in the UK. If she fails, then there is a chance the UK Sponsor doesn't meet the requirement.Or is it the case that as the decision will be made post application, ithe conditions of the landlord doesn't concern the home office?

So that letter would not interpret as sponsor failing the adequate accommodation  requirement.

Landlord would carry out his right to rent checks if Landlord is adding the visa applicant as a tenant in the new tenancy agreement.

However, that does not mean sponsor is falling short of "adequate accommodation" requirement.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks a million. So technically the letter even if it has conditions is satisfactory provided that we give a copy of the tenancy agreement.

Absolutely , Right to rent checks by the Landlord is altogether different issue.

As long Sponsor has suffice space for the visa applicant , which needed to be demonstrated by attaching the copy of tenancy agreement, requirement of adequate accommodation is being met.

Thanks again for for using Just Answers. Best wishes.