Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

If a extension to a spouse visa took 1 year and then they

If a extension to a spouse visa took 1 year and then they were granted leave under 5 year route eventually, can you count that 1 year wait time for indefinite leave to remain application?

Further to your question, I am an Immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Further to your question, I am an Immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today.

You can count that time towards the 5 years and you can apply as soon its been 5 years from when you either entered the UK or when the Spouse visa was granted if you were in the UK

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks a million.

Please do see the guidance below which confirms the same and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website.

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to-remain-family/partner-family-visa

All the best