LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I applied for the Global talent visa and the Royal Academy

Hi,I applied for the Global talent visa and the Royal Academy of Engineering endorsement at the same time, just before my Doctorate Extension Visa expired. My endorsement was rejected, and I then applied for a review of the endorsement rejection. While waiting for the endorsement review, I received an email from the Home Office that my global talent visa application had been rejected because of my earlier application for endorsement rejection.The email from the Home office states "You must submit a new application to stay in the UK, or leave the UK, before your current permission expires. If you do not do so, you will have no permission to stay in the UK and you may be removed."My visa application has already expired while waiting for a decision. What should I do? How much time do I have to put in another application? Do I need to leave the UK?Thank you.Best regards,Kabiru
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: in the UK citizenship Nigeria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: trying to
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: its all explained in my initial message

Good Afternoon

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay Thanks

You have 14 days from date of refusal to put in new application.  As long as application is submitted before expiry of visa that’s allowed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even if my visa has expired by the time I received the applicatiob rejection decision? Thanks
Did you submit application before visa expiry?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I submitted the initial visa application before visa expiry, but by the time the decision to reject the application was made, my visa expired. So now it has expired.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What you are saying is that I still have 2 weeks after refusal to put in a new application? I don't have to leave the UK? If my application is submitted in 14 days? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you must submit application within 14 days as long as you haven’t received decision saying you must now leave the U.K.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the next step email from Home office "You must submit a new application to stay in the UK, or leave the UK, before your current permission expires. If you do not do so, you will have no permission to stay in the UK and you may be removed." My visa expired on 29 Jan 2022. I received this email on 19 May 2022.

As per the email you would have 14 days from 19 May to submit new application.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I would like to know how to answer these questions 1. Was there a reason beyond your control why you did not apply before your visa or leave to remain expired? I actually applied but the application was invalid - rejected. 2. Have you ever been: refused a visa for the UK?. My application was rejected as invalid is that a refusal? Thank you. I still in the UK.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still in the UK
You can explain that previous application was rejected. You would answer no as it was invalid rather than refusal.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much LawyerAk. Please, is it possible to attach a cover letter with the application providing the explanation?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately the application form doesn't provide space for explanations.
you can attach a cover letter with application then submit on uploads and in person at biometrics.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** work to complete the application as soon as possible, hopefully, today!
It was a pleasure assisting you today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please can we speak briefly, I need to walk you through my application. Thanks