How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3111
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I hope so, I am on limited leave to remain. I am on the

Customer Question

I hope so
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am on limited leave to remain. I am on the second limited leave visa. I am from Philippines and my husband is a UK citizen. I have just received a police caution. I believe after a caution I must wait 2 years for indefinite leave to remain. What do I do as my current limited leave visa will run out of time wise before the 2 year requirement is done. What do I apply for? I should tell you my British citizen husband is significantly disabled and I provide care in our home. I also work as a part time receptionist in a hotel.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
Good morning
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

You will need to renew your current further leave to remain for another 2.5 years and declare the caution you have received.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will I be able to get a further relive to remain with a police caution? Will it affect my ability to stay and care for and love my British husband?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
Any criminal offence can cause affect on future visa however if you attach a cover letter and supporting character references from friends and family it can be considered.