ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

What documents do I need to fill out if I intend to drive my

Customer Question

What documents do I need to fill out if I intend to drive my home contents TO the UK from Germany In March 2023.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Kindly explain exactly what do you mean? What is your citizenship?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m British citizen but I would be relocating to the Uk so I will be bringing my home contents furniture etc with me, am I likely to be Stoped at the border abs asked to pay tax??
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You do not usually pay tax on personal goods being brought into the UK from the EU. You would simply have to state that these are used, personal household items.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You can declare the items being taken up to 5 days before your intended journey.

You may do this here:

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-into-uk-personal-use

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.