How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4095
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Uk visa, I want to sponsor a person to apply for uk visa,

Customer Question

Uk visa
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: I want to sponsor a person to apply for uk visa
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: None
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I want to sponsor someone to apply for uk visa but The problem is my bank statement, i don't have savings but i am working full time. Is it enought to provide just payslips? Or do i really need to provide bank statements to with money in it?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Hi there,

If you are sponsoring UK visitor visa for someone, then you need to provide your financial details

You need to have sufficient funds to cover the cost of the trip for the visitor.

You would need to provide 6 months bank statements  and your payslips to prove the funds, 

Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I wanted my mother to come here from Hongkong. She wanted to attend my sister's graduation this august. I'm not sure what to do in terms of proof for funds. I only have one month left to provide the documents. What is the best thing to do now? If I put money in my bank, is it not too late?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

You can put money in the bank , however you would be asked to prove the origin of the funds.

Your mother can submit her Hongkong bank statements if she has some funds there .

I would advise if there are shortage of funds to keep the visit short and sweet  and ask for 1 month visa .

Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

The UK is an expensive country. Hotel room would cost at least £50 per night. Food about £10-20 per meal. Add transportation, entry tickets to attractions, shopping, etc. So, total expenses can range from £100-150 per day per person, including accommodation.

If accommodation is being provided( you have to submit proof of that) then your cost would be that of food and transportation, you should show at least around £50-75 for each day for the period of your stay.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can a family friend help sponsor my mom? She is retired though, but has enough savings in her account And as for a place to stay, my other sister, has rented accommodation. And there is also my aunt too. We are hoping to have her here for 6 months at least. We haven't been with her for 4 years and she hasn't seen her grand daughter. The only problem we have for documentation is how to show proof of funds to support my mom during her stay... as for her bank account, she is working but not much funds left in her account for the past 6 months.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Yes, your aunt or sister can sponsor her visit , if they have funds plus adequate accommodation in the UK.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
As for accommodation, my aunt and sister can do it but for financial evidence, a family friend has more savings., can a friend of our family sponsor my mother in terms for funds?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

It needs to be one sponsor, providing accommodation and funds.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I see, If that friend of ours can provide both funds and accommodation, will that be alright then?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Yes, that friend can be the sponsor.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
basicly, my sister will write a letter of invitation to my mom to attend her graduation. In that letter we will provide information that my mother will be supported and will provide accommodation by our close friend. We will then attatch the proof of funds.. what other documents are needed?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

You need to apply for a standard visitor visa for your mother. It allows the visitor to stay in the UK for a period of up to 6 months.

The standard visitor visa can be applied online using the below weblink-

Following information is required for applying-

  • purpose of the visit
  • the dates visitor is planning to travel to the UK

  • details of where visitor will be staying during the visit

  • how much visitor  think their trip will cost and financial proof of sufficient amount of money for the trip

If any one sponsoring the trip, then they need the name and address of anyone paying for your trip , financial statement from the sponsor
the name, address and passport number of any sponsor with a copy of their British passport or immigration status in the UK, in support of visitor`s application.

Thank you. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'm thinking maybe its best i would get a proper solicitor for this right? Since its a bit rush and due to the circumstances..
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your help so far. Really appreciate all the information
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

You are most welcome.

Thanks again for using JA. Best wishes.