How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick;Lawyer Your Own Question
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 398
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Patrick;Lawyer is online now

Can an Englis man married to an American and living in the

Customer Question

can an Englis man married to an American and living in the us, apply for an American passport?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No, that`s why I am asking you
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This couple have two kids born ion the us. The man is not an American citizan
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 19 days ago.

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I have worked in the law across multiple jurisdictions since 1999 including USA, Ireland and England and Wales where I gained most of my practical knowledge and experience over 16 plus years. My MO with Just Answer is to provide a clear answer to your question in an efficient way. Let’s strive to achieve this together by working in tandem with your questions. This is not an instant text function but I will answer your query directly over the next 24/48 hours. This is a collaborative and interactive service so please provide as much focused information as possible in order to optimise your experience and value obtained from our platform. Keep calm and focused as these are prerequisites in commencing any legal transaction or defending any legal action or early dispute. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP, request for additional information and practical guidance ~ if appropriate. This answer will not constitute any client / attorney relationship but it is my firm intention to deliver a direct answer to your question. Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 19 days ago.

Citizenship would be the first route and from experience you will be quoted a number of variable prices in the states so I would shop around and find an attorney in your state who will be able to initiate contact with the INS etc.  Happy to hear more of course.  What state are you living in?  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am NOT discussing Citizen ship. Please read my question more carefully
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This seems more like a money-raising trick. Answer my question.
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 19 days ago.

Please bear with me and I will conclude my answer as advised over the next 24 hours.  I presume you are a present GB passport holder?  Where are you resident presently for tax purposes please?  Also by marriage you have a right to live and work there as you know already.  How long have you been married please?  Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 17 days ago.

I would be happy to assist with any follow up, checking or clarification required here. We offer additional, customised services beyond this Q&A function if you wish to consider that option. I will close out with my final thoughts upon your response. Regards

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You have offered nothing helpful. No wish to cotinue, wasting my money!
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 16 days ago.

There is no passport prior to citizenship.  Regards