MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I am worried that I might have violated my skilled worker

Customer Question

I am worried that I might have violated my skilled worker visa . Spires healthcare did my visa but I declined the offer and did agency work instead. I have gotten a new COS through the nhs and is now in the process of completing a new application for visa. A section of the form asked if I had ever worked without permission, should I say no?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
While going through my previous letter from home office I came across this
Employment not allowedYou cannot work in any other employment.You cannot take supplementary employment if you are no longer working in the job and for the sponsor described in your certificate of sponsorship.

Generally, no, If you’re employed, there’s a contract between you and your employer. You might not have anything in writing, but a contract still exists. This is because your agreement to work for your employer and your employer’s agreement to pay you for your work forms a contract. Your employer must give you a written statement the day you start work. The statement must contain certain terms and conditions.

Furthermore, a contract gives both you and your employer certain rights and obligations. The most common example is that you have a right to be paid for the work you do. Your employer has a right to give reasonable instructions to you and for you to work at your job. These rights and obligations are called ‘contractual terms’.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am worried that I might have violated my skilled worker visa . Spires healthcare did my visa but I declined the offer and did agency work instead. I have gotten a new COS through the nhs and is now in the process of completing a new application for visa. A section of the form asked if I had everworked without permission, should I say no? Could you clarify my question
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

You must be honest and open on your application and declaration.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.