How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4712
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

A Yoga teacher needs to visit UK to teach courses for a

Customer Question

A Yoga teacher needs to visit UK to teach courses for a period of 6 months
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically is the yoga teacher asking about?
Customer: He isn't sure if it's a business visa or work permit required
JA: Has the yoga teacher already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He is an Indian national He owns 90% if the business which set up in uk He is an international director
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No its too expensive
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am happy to chat
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sure, I am the UK based director making this request. The Yoga teacher in question is an INdian national who will need to come here and teach yoga lessons to UK residents.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is not an online or live class, but one to one in person.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
We need to understand what type of visa he needs to apply.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
He will not be paid any salary.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The company set up in the UK by me and the yoga teacher will be charging clients money for the classes.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
That's everything I know which is relevant to my query.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. The business format that is being proposed by you would not allow for him to access any work visas in the UK. For him to apply for a skilled worker visa he would have to be sponsored by the company to travel to the UK for work. In those circumstances he would have to be employed, that is, in receipt of a salary. And, in addition, not be a shareholder in the business. So the fact of him owning 90% interest in the business would mean he would be denied this visa.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

The innovator/start up visa envisages that he would be traveling to the UK to set up a business. It would not be in relation to a business that is already in existence. In addition,  He would have to show that:

  • He wants to set up and run an innovative business in the UK - it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market
  • His business or business idea has been endorsed by an approved body, also known as an endorsing body

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

He therefore needs to revisit the basis on which he wishes to enter the UK, as it stands he seems to fall outside of the eligibility criteria. Please see below link which speaks to the different work visas in the UK, he may review to see which most closely matches his personal circumstance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I understand
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I need to update the risk profile, would you mind telling me what are the risks if he teaches under a business or visit visa ?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

I am it sure what is meant by you with respect to updating your risk profile. If he is not being paid then the yoga classes would not be considered as working as such he could do these classes on a visit visa. I have already responded with respect to the business visa eligibility requirement.