Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Does UK based law firm(Which have barristers and solicitors)

Customer Question

Does UK based law firm(Which have barristers and solicitors) need any extra Immigration registration to do immigration applications or?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 18 days ago.

May I confirm of the firm is registered with the SRA as an authorised firm please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 18 days ago.

thank you. There is no legal requirement for the firm to undertake additional accreditation in order to offer immigration services. There is an immigration quality standards which a firm can apply for accreditation under which you can find the following link:

https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/career-advice/individual-accreditations/immigration-and-asylum-law-accreditation

As above, this accreditation is not a legal requirement but by attaining it, the firm will be able to generally obtain lower indemnity from insurers and of course be able to market their services under the accreditation. From a client's point of view, accreditation will on average result in a degree of assurance in respect of both expertise and service

Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.
I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.
I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.