How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4086
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am an Australian resident but my father was born here in

Customer Question

Hi there. I am an Australian resident but my father was born here in the UK. I am currently visiting my daughter in the UK and I am wondering if I can apply fora British passport here or do I need to do this in Australia?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps taken at this time. I am Australian.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not as yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else I need at this time thank you.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

Hi there,

Could you please confirm the year of your birth ?

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

You would need to apply for British Citizenship first , then you can apply for British passport.

You can apply online using the below  form to apply to register as a British citizen if you were born before 1 July 2006 to a British father,

You would have to apply from your home country -Australia.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.