LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Am asylum seekers with valid rights to work permit card on

Customer Question

Am asylum seekers with valid rights to work permit card on shortages occupations list,my employer conduct a right to work check with the home office only for home office to reply with a negative decision that I can’t work as am not legal resident but in my work permit letter,it states am allowed to work till my case is decided or appeal right exhausted
JA: Where do you currently reside? Have you already taken steps to apply for asylum?
Customer: am already asylum seekers and live in London
JA: Have you already spoken with a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: I have asylum lawyers and they’ve written to the home office about this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s all
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
Good
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

morning I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Am efe
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please need advice
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

That is correct so if you have a current valid appeal which follows from asylum refusal then your work rights would not be exhausted.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Can you confirm prior to asylum have you made any other applications?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My case has not been decided yet,I’ve only did my big internet in November last year after two years of waiting,i was student when I came to Uk,had a British child who was put up for adoption in the Uk with social services and have a second child who’s British but the father has not put his name on birth certificate then applied for asylum and issues a work permit
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don’t know why the home office will tell my employer I can’t work when my asylum case has not been concluded and they issued me work permit
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
Then it seems the home office might have wrote in error and you would need to write to them to state that you have been issued with a work permit.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The employer did indicate to home office in the employer right to work check form that I have valid work permit and they’ve seen it and don’t believe is error or am I wrong
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Unless it’s something to do with your previous immigration history but it you have a valid work permit this means you would have work right.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Could the home office refuses me due to the role of job my employer was offering or can Dey restrict me from working in health care if they feel concerned about me
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
There would be restrictions on the type of employment you can take. If you have a work permit and within the job you are allowed it’s fine.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind regards