How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3125
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I want to move to Dubai and work there but my wife is on

Customer Question

Hi, I want to move to Dubai and work there but my wife is on spouse visa (10 year route) at the moment we have two children
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: She was on a five year route but when submitting the renewal I made an error and didn’t submit the fresh English Language so they put her on 10 year route instead
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
Good afternoon
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Afternoon :)
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

If you do move to Dubai then you’re wife’s spouse visa will be affected in the U.K.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

What’s your children’s status in the uk?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Would there be a way around it?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
They are both British
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
British born*
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.
If your wife applies on the basis of the children for a parent visa however under this route you would not be together.