How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3127
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have a few questions about spouse visa application please.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a few questions about spouse visa application please.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not taken any steps yet and planning to start gathering the requirements. I live in the UK and I am sponsoring my husband to come here in the UK under spouse visa. He is from the Philippines. Also, I am a British Citizen.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No, not yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My main question is about the accommodation in the process.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

afternoon I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Lawyer Ak
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Please go ahead with your question?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Good afternoon to you too
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am currently renting privately with my family, which has adequate number of rooms to qualify the requirements for spouse visa application but I have applied for council housing so me and my daughter can move since there are health issues for her here, plus I am expecting another baby. Council usually takes time but in case our application gets prioritised and able to move, is it advisable for me to apply for my husband's visa using this private rented address?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What if in the middle of the process, I am contacted that I can move to another accommmodation already?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
You would need to notify the council of husband will living at the new property as when you do the application if you have already moved you should declare the current address.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will this not affect him since it is actually considered as public fund?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Or is it okay if he will just be an "occupier" and not as joint tenanct?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Actually, I have applied but as to when we can move, there is no definite time since it really does take time and I am hoping that they could consider prioritising our application because of the H&S towards my baby.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
As long as the council approve to him stating he would not be receiving the public fund.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am just not sure if I should wait until I get a clearer view of what is going to happen to my council housing application, or to not waste time, apply now using this private address - although will this affect the application if they see on the system that I have applied for another accommodation? Also, I will still have access to this address as my family will not be moving with me.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
It can affect affect the application if the home office were to pick up you were living elsewhere as they can do checks.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I see. Hmm, is there any way for example, if the process is ongoing and suddenly we need to move, is is possible to inform them about this and provide them the updated accommodation requirements?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.
You can write an intended address and current address you live at on the application form.