How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3127
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Does the chef have the right to obtain residency in Britain?

This answer was rated:

Does the chef have the right to obtain residency in Britain?
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically is the chef asking about?
Customer: the work
JA: Has the chef already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have relatives here and I have now found a job in a restaurant. I am a chef... Do I have the right to residency or not

afternoon I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

What’s your current status in the U.K.?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
1575;نا الان زائر عند اقاربي ..اتيت من السويد.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am now a visitor with my relatives.. I came from Sweden.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are you still there.

You would not be able to  regularise your stay in the U.K. whilst on a visit visa as a chef.

You can look at applying for the skilled work visa from home country if you obtain a job offer and sponsorship .

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I understand that I have to go out and come back, right?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is there a link to apply for a visa?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will send the link.