ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Visitor visa

Customer Question

Visitor visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have questions regarding applying for a visitor visa for my boyfriend
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
To come to UK
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’m a EU national and he is from Dominican Republic, he is self employed, working for Uber in his country I am planning to sponsor him, so I can take care of all his expenses, flight tickets, accommodation, etc.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. He would still need to apply for the visa himself. You would send a letter inviting him to the US. In the letter you should state that you would be inviting him, where he will be staying and that you will be finances the trip.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
You may also submit your last months bank statement that will show your ability to pay or finance the trip.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

I note the message above said US, that was a typographical error. It should have read UK.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
If he has a loan to pay in his country that can deny his Visa?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Or if he has no savings that could deny his Visa or because I am funding his trip the fact he has no savings doesn’t count?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

No a loan cannot prevent him getting a visa neither would the fact that he has no savings.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

What is important is for you to show that you are able to finance the trip

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
when you apply for the Visa you have to show a flight itinerary, that means I have to book the flight before knowing if the Visa is going to be approved?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

No you do not book the flight. You would simply print and submit the planned trip he would take if he were to be successful.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How do I print the planned trip? Is that explained when you apply on gov.uk?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Printing the trip would be as you would do when printing the details from your computer. I am not sure how to explain this any simpler. Perhaps you could benefit from a telephone call.