How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3111
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

We are sponsoring 2 Ukrainian refugees. We have recently

Customer Question

We are sponsoring 2 Ukrainian refugees. We have recently learned that the male left Ukraine illegally. Please could you advise what we should do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We are in the UK and are British by birth. We did this through the Homes for Ukraine scheme with the government although the couple introduced themselves to my husband through a Facebook page. We have sought advice from our local council and the police, but nobody seems to know what to do!!
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: No. The male has a visa.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of. It's not really something that's happened before!! Thank you.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.
Good afternoon
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

You can report to immigration if you no longer wish to sponsor this male. I will send you details.