MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Helli this afternoon just a wuestion ifff my girlfriend who

Customer Question

Helli this afternoon just a wuestion ifff my girlfriend who lives in mexico comes to the uk does she need a visas pleade
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically is your girlfriend asking about?
Customer: Iff my girlfriend who lives in mexico comes to the uk does she need a visas please
JA: Has your girlfriend already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Well it will a holiday visas iff im right
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just to also kniw would their be a limited stay in other words
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No

Generally yes, your girlfriend can apply for a Fiance Visitor Visa. With this visa, she can get married or enter into a civil partnership in the UK. Once her Fiance visitor visa expires,

In this regard, she will need to apply for a Spouse Visa. It is a settlement visa that allows her to live together with you as a British partner in the UK for up to 30 months.

Additionally, it can be extended for another 30 months if she meets certain eligibility conditions. Once she is granted a Spouse Visa, this is the first step towards Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and, eventually, British Citizenship.

https://www.davidsonmorris.com/marriage-visitor-visa/

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.