james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My mother in law has two years multiple visa to UK, she has

My mother in law has two years multiple visa to UK, she has visited twice earlier on to UK. THIS TIME also she visited with this two years visa, but UK immigration gave her only 6 nmotns visa when she entered in to UK though she has valid two years visa. Can she get the visa extended or she has to go back to India and then come back again for getting six month visa. i don't want her passport to be spoiled with over stay. can she goes to Ireland as a tourist and get a ticket with six month visa back again without going to India. I need her not to go to India, but she has to stay with us permanently. she should not become overstayed also by spoiling the passport. i shall be grateful if your could give me help
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: my self and my wife with two of our daughters are all UK British citizen. she has come from INDIA TO UK TO her daughter's house
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: i would like to retain her in UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO MAKE HER TO STAY IN UK PERMANENT

your mother is in possession of a 2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa. That is the type of visa that she holds.

A visitor can apply for and be issued the following'

1. standard visitor visa. This allows on entry for up to 6 months.
  2. 2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa, this allows multiple entries to the UK during that two year period, each visit can be for up to 6 months.
  3. 5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa this allows multiple entries to the UK during that five year period, each visit can be for up to 6 months.
  4. 10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa this allows multiple entries to the UK during that ten year period, each visit can be for up to 6 months.

So as you can see, each the only allows visit for up to 6 months at a time. The actual visa itself would specify how you the visa lasts before applying for a new visa.

So yes she can after the six months leave the UK, to visit somewhere else and then return to the UK for uptown another 6 months.

What you need to be careful of is how you have worded her say here. You said "I need her not to go to India, but she has to stay with us permanently"

If immigration learn of this, she could be refused entry. The visa is a "visitor visa" not a permanent visa. There must be no intention to us that visa to stay permanently.

It may be possible to consider the visa type "Apply as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative"

As a child of your mother, if she would be coming to the UK permanently to be cared for by you this visa might be good. The link here explains.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult-dependent-relative

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I AM NOT GOING TO TELL THEM THAT SHE IS GOING TO STAY IN UK FOREVER BUT AS MY LAWYER I AM REVEALING WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ACTION FOR HERE TO DO
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Apply as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative... sIR CAN YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN THAT SHE CAN STAY HERE TO TAKE HER DUGHTER OR IN WHATEVER YOU PREFER

Sorry, I cannot assist with that, I am not acting as your lawyer here. There is no Client / lawyer relationship here, this is an online advice portal only.

I would advice they you arrange to visit a local immigration law form in your local area to discuss the finer details of how to and when to make such an application.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website. www.lawsociety.org.uk

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry, I cannot assist ????

Correct, I cannot assist with the application for her to stay here. The is only online advice we do not represent clients here.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i did not accepted the £ 44 offer
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please do not charge the £ 44 which no where I accepted except the preliminary question for £ 5