How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1716
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I’m a single mother of my 2 month child I can’t work, I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I’m a single mother of my 2 month child I can’t work, I going to be homeless soon I want to apply my husbands spouse visa so he can come over and work to change our circumstance
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i live in the uk I’m a British citizen and paperwork has been filled yet need a advice
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s all
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks I’ll be waiting
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Your partner can apply for a family visa to come and live with you if they’re either:

  • your husband proposed civil partner or fiancé

  • your partner who you’ve lived with for at least 2 years

Your partner can only apply for a family visa if he has one of the following:

  • British citizenship

  • Irish citizenship - you must be living or have lived in the UK

  • indefinite leave to remain or right of abode

  • refugee status or humanitarian protection

  • settled status from the EU Settlement Scheme

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Furthermore, if you're applying for him, their visa will last for 6 months - they must marry you or become your civil partner before this ends if they want to stay in the UK.

They can then apply as your partner for leave to remain for 2 years and 6 months. At the end of this, they can extend it again for the same length of time.

If they meet the requirements of these visas, they can apply to settle in the UK after a total of 5 years.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
U have took 50 pound out of my account for no reason please return it or else be ready for the next action I’ll take against u
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

We don't have access to customer billings. If you'd like a refund, please contact customer services directly: