How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I need help with immigration issuesI, I am an international

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is ***** ***** i need help with immigration issuesI
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am an international nurse from anaigeria, came into the UK 7months ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: But at the moment my employer says my visa expires this month (june). Because I have not gotten my pin even though I have passed my board exams but still have a problem with my English result. i haven't spoken with a lawyer about it that's why am here now.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i'm going to be out of job for now and i have a family of 4 with me here who's dependent on me. The thing is i have a Biometric resident permit which expires in 3 years, likewise my family but my employer say my Visa expires in 3 months and we'll all need to renew our visa's immediately. i'm scared and confused because i know my BRP is a legal document, so why then would i need a visa renewal for us all...if i cannot afford it

Further to your question, I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you

Kindly note that it would seem link your employer has informed the Home Office that they are no longer sponsoring you therefore the Home Office will look to curtail your visa and they would provide you with 60 days to either leave the country or make another application.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
so what do i do....

You will need to find another employer who can sponsor you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
my employer agrees to a demotion pending when i clear my English result documents, so they will renew my visa but i am bothered about my family because it seems i have to renew their's….
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i have tried contacting the home office for two weeks now to no avail.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hello, are you there
Customer: replied 13 days ago.


Kindly note that although your card is valid for 3 years it can be cancelled anytime.

If they renew your visa then you will be fine, however if they do not then you will not be entitled to stay in the country.

As your families visa are in line with yours they will be cancelled alongside your visa.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what do I do because I have tried reaching the home office for two weeks now and no luck
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I came into the Uk ion 19/10/2021 and the say my visa expires 19 / 06/2022
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Though I know my visa was for 3 months and the BRP covers thereafter
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
From your feedback , I gather that it's when my employer notifies immigration that counts.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
From your experience, would it be easy to get another employer while in the Uk or they would insist that I do my application and get sponsorship from back home.What's your I need to know my options
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Also what's the guarantee that I can apply for my visa if it has already expired.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello, are you there
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Kindly note that you can switch to another employer from within the UK

Please speak to your employer about the expiry date as if your visa has already expired you need to leave the country

I do hope that I have managed to answer your question and please do revert back to me if you have any further questions
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thanks for all the information you helped me out with.
At list i'm no more in limbo of my plight.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What i don't know now is, since i entered the UK exactly 8 months ago on a Tier 2 skilled worker visa.
its expected to expire after 8 months, all things being equal not minding that i have a BRP.

You need to speak to your employer and find out about when they informed the Home Office.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My employer offered me a lower band as a skilled worker, stating that they would reapply for my visa.
My concern now is knowing the date was 19th October 2021, (NOW 8 MONTHS) is there a possibility that i would get the visa with this late application.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Because i have to sponsor my family visa with money which i do not have, being out of job.

Just accept what your employer is offering you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i have accepted but am bordered about the timing. Hope it wont be termed that my appointment is late.

It should be fine if your employers have confirmed it

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Honestly i do not worry about me but that of my family(Husband, 8 years and 3 yrs )

There visas are linked to yours so if you are fine they will be

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks a lot for your advice in general, at least there is hope down the tunnel.
i really appreciate your efforts to calm my nerves.Thank you.

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website