Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am a south african citizen working in the usa on a H2A

Customer Question

hi i am a south african citizen working in the usa on a H2A visa , i am returning to SA the mid nov and then me and my wife would like to go visit her family in the uk , what and how do i need to do ? please assist
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: visiting visa for the uk
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing i can think of
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 13 days ago.

A very good evening to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you this evening. Thank you for the inquiry.

Thank you for your update above, Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this Evening. Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
uk visitors visa
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
1
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
uk visitors visa
Thank you for your patience. You would need a standard visitor visa and this is applied for on line on the ukvisas website. It currently costs £85. If you have your money and won’t be sponsored by anybody snd will afford your own accommodation and finances then you don’t need to worry that is all you need evidence of- sufficient funds for your trip.

You would also need to show you will be leaving on the end of your trip- a job or properties abroad would be great evidence.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always happy to clarify anything and to give further guidance if you return. All the best,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i am curently working in the usa and my work visa expires dec 1st , can i do a visa aplication while still abroad or do i have to visit the uk consulate in my home country ?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 12 days ago.

You can apply from where you are if you are on a visa that allows you to be resident there as if it was your home. A work visa would be one such visa, you will not need to go to your home country. The form will ask you where you are applying from and if not your home country the reason why you are there and you can state that you have a work permit.