MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My husband and I are applying from the US to the UK on a

Customer Question

My husband and I are applying from the US to the UK on a tier 2 visa and dependent visa. We are mailing our application to New York Wednesday. However, we cannot find anywhere wether we can send out applications in together in the same envelope or if we have to mail them separately. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Martin thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it! After reviewing my question I think I covered everything! Thank you!

Hello, no problem. To answer your query - since you're applying for a Tier 2 and Dependent Visa, you will have to mail them separately.

As a general rule, each family member will need to complete a separate application and pay the visa fee. The dependents will need to apply separately.

You can either apply at the same time as the Tier 2 Visa applicant or at any time before their current visa expires.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help! That is everything I think unless you happen to know how long on average it has been taking for Tier 2 visas to be processed recently.

No problem. Usually, it's three weeks.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.