LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I am a Kuwaiti female in a relationship with a British man.

Customer Question

we want to get married but my Kuwaiti Muslim family is against it since Kuwait law incriminate Muslim Kuwaiti women to marry foreigners who are not from the same religion (Islam). I am not religious as well, they’ve threatened me if I continue the relationship they will kill me. 4 years ago they locked me in a room for six months when I was 16 because I was out with my boyfriend, In Kuwait relationships outside marriage are not acceptable. they are forcing their religious beliefs and controlling my life. I am not religious and I don’t believe in Islam and they would kill me if I leave Kuwait or neglect Islam
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.
Good morning I am Lawyer
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Sorry to hear your circumstances. Unfortunately due to the current circumstances in U.K. if you come hear and claim asylum there is current risks of deportation to Rwanda. In the meantime the best option if you look at a visit visa for U.K. then maybe look at getting married to your partner. Or a marriage visitor visa for you could look at.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

I hope this answers your question and please do let me know if you require further clarification.