MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I need some advice on which visa I should use to temporarily

Customer Question

I need some advice on which visa I should use to temporarily visit the US for 6 months. I am employed by a UK employer however they do have an affiliate in the US
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: I want to know which is suitable: B1/B2 or an ESTA (by going for 3 months, leaving before 90 days for 6 weeks and then returning for another 90 days)
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that is it
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

In that case, you may get (B-1/B-2 visa) to enter the US for less than 90 days and may be eligible to travel to the United States visa-free under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if they meet specific requirements. I advise you to consult the US State Department website to determine which you will need.

You may use this Website to consult.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Based on my employment situation (I.e., employed by uk company that has a parent company in the US), am I eligible for the B1/B2 visa if I want to travel to the US for more than 90 days?

Yes of course.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.