ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have a girlfriend who lives in Turkey but holds a Georgian

Customer Question

I have a girlfriend who lives in Turkey but holds a Georgian passport, she would like to come and work in UK, currently working as massage therapist at a hotel but has a physiotherapist degree from Georgia.
JA: What steps has your girlfriend taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your girlfriend live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: So nothing yet has been started as we didn't want to waste time as I said she currently living and working in Turkey holds a Georgian passport.
JA: Has your girlfriend talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can't call at the moment
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. If she is not seeking to enter on the basis of your relationship, she would have to apply to enter for work purposes.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

The skilled worker visa allows a person to apply to enter the UK for work. After having worked on this visa for 5 years she would be eligible to apply for her permanent residency.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

To apply for this permit she must have first obtained work in the UK from an employer who is able to sponsor her application. As part of the application process she would receive from the employer what is called a certificate of sponsorship t9 facilitate/support her application.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Please see below link with some further information regarding the skilled worker visa eligibility criteria and how she may go about applying

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I we were to marry would she be able to come over on a different visa then source work once she got here
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Yes. If you were to marry she would apply for a spousal visa. Once she has entered the UK on a spousal visa she is free to work.