How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1642
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

My niece is just aplying to come to the UK on a short term

Customer Question

Hi my niece is just aplying to come to the UK on a short term student visa
JA: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does she live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: but she finisbed the application they requested payment for the NHS surcharge when she tried to pay it declined al the credit cards she had . In Brazil she is applying from
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: No not a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: do i pay for this ?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My question is : my niece called the bank and Amex and Mastercard and was advised there wasn’t a charge attempt. But the application was not able to go ahead advising she should start a new one. She wrote to the whilst making payment but while waiting for a response we arw not sure if she should start a new application with my credit card from here the UK ? Is it safe?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No i dont want the call
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Yes, It's safe. I advised you to make her a new application. These are the possibility why she was refuse of an application for a non-immigrant visa by the UK Immigration authorities, which could be due to a variety of factors.

These are the most common factors that would result in the refusal of a UK visa are as mentioned below:

  • Deception- submitting fraudulent or false documentation.
  • Deportation order- if the applicant is the recipient of a deportation order.
  • If the applicant has been convicted of a crime that warrants an imprisonment term of 4 years or more.
  • Deliberately withholding documentation of a criminal record, if any.
  • Insufficient funds for a trip to the UK.
  • The applicant has overstayed or submitted false documents on a previous trip to the UK.
  • The applicant does not comply with visa regulations such as submitting to a biometric scan, photograph or provide a medical report.
  • The applicant does not have a valid passport or travel document.
  • The applicant has not divulged material facts pertaining to the visa application process.
  • The applicants purpose of visit is covered under the visa applied for.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She was not refused the application for a short term study visa at all , she had her credit card declined upon trying to submit the visa application. My question is whether is safe to try to submit a new application using a different credit card to pay for the NHS surcharge.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Yes indeed it is, make sure you are on the correct site.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.