LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My daughter, born in the us to a UK citizen mother and US

my daughter, born in the us to a UK citizen mother and US citizen father is in the UK and wants to work and apply for a british passport. Post Office saying she needs a naturalization certificate. She has my original birth certificate, my old british passport valid when she was born. Does she need this certificate?
JA: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do they live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: US citizen. No paperwork filed with UK government. Living in UK at the moment on visitor visa
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: No. visa issued was just the one given when any US citizen enters UK...6 months?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She wants to live and work in the UK. Based in Oxford, staying intermittently with my parents who live there
Good

afternoon I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Yes your daughter would require your naturalisation certificate for her British citizenship application,

As per our conversation please see link above.