How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3125
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My daughter, born in the us to a UK citizen mother and US

This answer was rated:

my daughter, born in the us to a UK citizen mother and US citizen father is in the UK and wants to work and apply for a british passport. Post Office saying she needs a naturalization certificate. She has my original birth certificate, my old british passport valid when she was born. Does she need this certificate?
JA: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do they live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: US citizen. No paperwork filed with UK government. Living in UK at the moment on visitor visa
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: No. visa issued was just the one given when any US citizen enters UK...6 months?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She wants to live and work in the UK. Based in Oxford, staying intermittently with my parents who live there

afternoon I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Yes your daughter would require your naturalisation certificate for her British citizenship application,

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
As per our conversation please see link above.