How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3241
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Myself And my partner are residents in the UAE, I am from

Customer Question

Myself And my partner are residents in the UAE, I am from the UK and he is from Syria. What’s the best way to get him to visit the UK? A visit visa or marriage visa? He’s been in Dubai 12 years.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in Dubai. I am a teacher there. Born and raised in Wales, UK, moved to Dubai in 2015 We applied once maybe 4 years ago for a visit visa but it got refused due to the situation currently in Syria at the time I am currently home in Uk for summer and he is in Dubai but was hoping he’d come back with me at Christmas what would you suggest please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No I haven’t.. what does that entail?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it thank you
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
Good evening
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Good evening
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don’t have a Uk sim as I am home just have data
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Visiting from Dubai
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
If you are applying on partner visa then as you having been living outside the U.K. you would be required to meet the financial requirement of £18,600 or from savings of 6 months £62,500.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok and that’s from myself?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Visit visa due to the previous refusal if it’s not solely for a visit then the spouse visa is a better route.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is that a partner / marriage visa?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It would be initially to visit
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You’d recommend applying via a spouse visa?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.
it would be advisable to apply for the spouse visa.