TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

What is the step by step process of applying for a graduate

Customer Question

What is the step by step process of applying for a graduate scheme visa? Do you have to mail your passport? Do you have to go for a biometrics appointment?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural ­person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

Hello, are you in the UK?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will not be in the UK when I am applying for this visa
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, yes I will be
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

You can apply for a Graduate visa if ALL of the following are true:

• you’re in the UK
  • your current visa is a Student via or a Tier 4(General) student visa
  • you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course.

You can ask your education provider if you’re not sure whether they’ve told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course.

At this link you may check if your course is eligible and how long you need to have studied in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/course-you-studied

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok but what is the process? Do you mail your passport in? And do you go to biometrics appointment? I know all this info about whether I can apply or not!
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity.

You usually do this by scanning your biometric residence permit (BRP) with the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app.

If you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you will scan your passport instead.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you scan this online? Is there anything in person?
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

Only if you cannot scan your BRP or passport with the app, you’ll be asked to get your fingerprints and photograph taken at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) service point.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish ("For TheLawLDN only").

I would appreciate it if you could provide a positive rating, if you wish so of course.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How does the UK know whether you are in the country or not when you make the application?
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

Because you declare it and providing false or deceiving or misleading information in an immigration application can be a criminal offence,

Also, when you connect to the internet you do it with an IP address which is geographically located.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 12 days ago.

Please be aware that this chat was closed yesterday.

I replied to your message out of courtesy but, if you need further information, please open a new question.

Thank you very much.