How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3246
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am a skilled worker i have applied for my husband's visa

Customer Question

I am a skilled worker i have applied for my husband's visa and he keeps being denied because i dont have tenancy agreement which is not a requirement in my country and i do not have it. I have provided all the other proof i have
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have filled all papers, sent all required document and proof that we are married and been living together but dont have tenancy agreement in our name
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We got 2 minors together 4year old girl and 1 year old boy and if he is being denied visa i am kept from being with my children because i cannot raise my children alone, and cannot let go of my marriage
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.
Good evening
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No i would rather stick to email or online
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.
If you country do issue tenancy agreement should get confirmation from the embassy in a letter stating they do not issue tenancy agreements.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.

I hope this answers your question and please do let me know if you require further clarification.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Its not a law, tenancy agreement can be verbally, which it was in our case, no written agreement hence i can't provide that but i have provided all other evidence to show that we were staying together
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.
Is there anyone that verify that verbal agreement so you can explain in a written cover letter.