How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3238
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Ive got a Congolese DRC passport with 4 month validity and I

Customer Question

Ive got a Congolese DRC passport with 4 month validity and I need to know if i can go back to my country (Congo DRC) with only 4 month Validity
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Citizenship, Conglese Im a Uk resident and Im going to do my passport back at Congo but would they let me travel?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.
Good morning
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

You should have at least 6 months validity on passport before travelling with it therefore you should renew beforehand.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But does it depend on the country?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
im going back to my country so does it matter about the validity?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.
It’s when travelling from the U.K. you can be stopped if less than 6 months.