How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3238
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I would like to recruit a cousin of mine to work in my UK

Customer Question

i would like to recruit a cousin of mine to work in my UK based business. he is originally from syria but recently got his german passport.
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: work visa
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yes his wife who lives with him in germany only has residents permit in germany and still requires a year or two before she gets her passport. i would also like to recruit her if at all possible?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.
Good morning
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Do you have a sponsor license?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. no i do not. is this something i can apply for?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just checked the .gov website and looks like an application i can make. But would this allow me to bring his wife also who only has residents papers but no passport. please bear in mind she is originally from syria
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
just had a look online. not sure how i would work out if he qualifies as he is not a skilled worker
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.
Even if you bring the partner then he can bring his wife as a dependent to the U.K. The process to get sponsor license is you would make an application to the home office with your business proposal then if they accept your company as a sponsor you can proceed to start sponsoring and issuing a certificate of sponsorship.