How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 8213
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

Me and my family are US Citizens, my older Daughter is

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Me and my family are US Citizens, my older Daughter is trying to apply for next year Oral Health Science at The Edinburgh University. Unfortunately, they are not opening for international students for next year in that specific program. We us a family are planning on maybe moving to Edinburgh to see if that gives her the opportunity to study her career. I am a computer engineer, I own a multinational company that develops several software tools for companies worldwide.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have not talked to anyone yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have just contacted the University and told us this problem, so we need to understand our options.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, is all I have
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note:

I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good evening, ok understood. Please ask me anything you need to know so you can have a better picture of my case
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your patience. If they have said they are not taking international students then it won’t help moving to Edinburgh because she will be classed as international student and not on home fees until having the indefinite leave to remain. You may wish to consider other universities in case it’s just Edinburgh
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

Any follow up please don’t hesitate to send me your message. I am glad to assist further should you need me to. All the best

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is the indefinite leave to remain?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

It’s the right you get after being in the uk with a visa for a specific period of time which then entitled you to get settled status/indefinite leave to remain. If you are coming on the skilled worker visa for example you get the ILR after 5 years

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Understood, so not possible
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

You are welcome