MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

MY WIFE HAS AN iNDIAN PASSPORT, AND A UK RESIDENCE PERMIT.

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: HI, MY WIFE HAS AN iNDIAN PASSPORT, AND A UK RESIDENCE PERMIT. I AM A BRITISH CITIZEN. IS IT POSSIBLE TO FOR MY WIFE TO GET AN ESTA VISA FOR TRAVELLING TO THE USA? SHE'S APPLIED FOR A B1/B2 VISA, BUT THE INTERVIEW DATE IS IN OCTOBER. WE WISH TO TRAVEL IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.
JA: What steps has your wife taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does she live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: MY WIFE AND I BOTH LIVE IN THE UK. SHE HAS A UK RESIDENCE PERMIT. SHE HAS AN INDIAN PASSPORT, SO IS STILL TECHNICALLY AN INDIAN CITIZEN
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: NO, WE JUST APPLIED FOR A B1/B2 VISA. DIDN'T REALIZE THE INTERVIEW DATES WOULD BE SO LATE
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: MY TWO SONS AND I ARE BRITISH CITIZENS, AND HAVE GOT THE ESTA VISA FOR THE USA. I NEED THE VISA FOR MY WIFE URGENTLY AS WE ARE DUE TO TRAVEL IN TWO WEEKS
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, I just want to know if my wife can get a visa within two weeks for the USA otherwise I'll have to cancel my trip with the family

You cannot reschedule your visa interview appointment date earlier than your initial interview appointment date. If you do so, you will not be interviewed.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There are no dates available anyway. I just wanted to know if my wife can get an ESTA visa as a wife of a British citizen, and has a UK residence permit

Could you clarify because you stated in your initial enquiry that you already have a schedule interview which is in October.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
after the application for a B1/B2 was made, my wife received a date for an interview. The date given is in October. We are planning to travel in mid- August

I understand. As per my first response, you cannot reschedule your visa interview appointment date earlier than your initial interview appointment date. You might want to consider rescheduling your travel.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm resigned to that. Thought to see if there was any other way. Thanks for your help

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the future.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.