Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I would like to bring my wife to the UK on a Spouse Visa. I

Customer Question

I would like to bring my wife to the UK on a Spouse Visa.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a British Citizen living in the UK.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need to bring her to the UK now (it would have to be on a visitor visa), and I am concerned we won't be able to then apply for the spouse visa in the UK
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

An applicant who is in the UK as a visitor is not allowed to switch to a spouse visa. Applicant in this case will be required to leave the UK and apply from outside the UK for a spouse visa

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Hi, are you still here? is there anything else I can help with?

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 15 days ago.

I hope this was helpful, but please do let me know if you have any other questions - I'm happy to help further.