How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3228
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I wish to marry my Thai partner but we wish to be able to

Customer Question

I wish to marry my Thai partner but we wish to be able to spend long periods of time outside of the uk until my health no longer allows this , i will continue to own a business in this country and pay tax and NI after marriage and I could also employ my partner so a salary and NI is being paid for him . is a Fiance visa then marriage going to work if we dont spend the following 5 years living in the UK permanantly
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am British. we have started the visa application but as thai partner is currently in the uk on a 6mth tourist visa we cant submit until he returns to thailand he has passed the English language test whilst here and just now needs a clear TB test otherwise I have all the paperweork for proof of house and income and bank statement and many pictures he also owns a condo in thailand i purchased for him last year
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the K-1 visa?
Customer: not yet no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i am aware of
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.
Good afternoon
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK thank you /I assume you can see my question
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

On a partner visa if you are not planning to spend time in the U.K. permanently and only travel for holiday then a more viable route would be the visit visa which allows 6 months in the U.K. at a time.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is it possible to get a multi entry visit visa
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i am also concerned he will not be able to enter the uk on my death to assure he benifits from my will
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Under the circumstances if you provide medical evidence then it should be considered for a multi entry visa. The home office will issue 6 months at time.