Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

There is typo error in the name "Kumar" missing "r" while

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: there is typo error in the name "Kumar" missing "r" while submitting a visa application inside uk
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: application has been submitted online at UKVCAS and have biometric appointment on 5th Aug
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: what i understand i would need to submit cover letter mentioning the same at time of biometric
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope,thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 13 days ago.

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hello

I would suggest that you cancel the application and submit another application otherwise your name may be spelt wrongly on the biometrics card

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what if i give the cover letter mentioning the correct and it was an innocent error, my supporting documents have correct name. Also, I have paid all fees and visa is expiring on 12th Aug,

Kindly note that it is an option however they could still get your name wrong

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its a huge payment, I have already paid I can't afford to repay and refund would take long time
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
because of this innocent mistake, i guess the application won't be rejected right, and moreover, this is a change of employment under the same category (Skilled worker)

Furthermore, they could refuse to do your biometrics as the name will be different on the appointment confirmation and Passport

Kindly note that the decision is ultimately yours and we are only an advisory service
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But i need to the wrost part, would it lead to rejection?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
also,I need to know to whom I should address the letter?

The letter would need to be addressed to the Home Office.

To be honest it should not result in a rejection but rather a wrong name on the biometric card

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.
I do hope that I have managed to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website