AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I recently applied for a Global Entry on the Trusted

Customer Question

I recently applied for a Global Entry on the Trusted Traveller Programme but was declined. I have been told that it means there is problem that needs to be resolved before I can travel to USA.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: What can I do please?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No please
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am a UK passport holder but hadpreviously held a Ghanaian passport
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Alison
Thanks for your response. But you say you specialise in UK and Irish law. But my issue has to do with USA immigration. I thought I may need usa immigration specialist. Do you agree?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You may text me your phone number to call you please.

Yes, I believe I can still help.

I can see they platform has offered you a call. If you do not need one we can continue to discuss here on the chat. If you change your mind and want a call feel free to request and we can arrange for one for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yeah, go ahead and give me a call please.

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but if you do request, it will be open to other Experts to help you.

I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok we can chat.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What's the way forward then

You can appeal your denial.

Have you tried appealing their decision?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't the know the basis of the denial to appeal. They also said they won't give reasons.

Some basic reasons for Being Denied Global Entry are:

• Infractions involving prohibited or undeclared items (Think you can bring that mango into the country without telling anyone? Think again.)
  • DUI conviction (Yes, even if it was 20+ years ago.)
  • Unfavorable information from another government (Kicked out of Canada for rowdy behavior as a young adult? It’s probably still on your record.)
  • Being disrespectful to the agent during the Global Entry interview (Honestly, you should know better than to mess with authority.)
  • Failing to disclose pertinent information on your application

Have you received as Letter of Ineligibility?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No letter of ineligibility has been received.

With the information you do have, write a Letter of Appeal to the Ombudsman at***@******.*** that states when and why you think CBP denied you.

Also include your explanation of what you believe happened in the incident that got you denied and any documents that can corroborate your story.

You can also write a Letter of Appeal to the CBP Ombudsman at this address.

US Customs and Border Protection
P.O. Box 946
Williston, VT 05495
Attn: CBP Ombudsman

I would strongly advised that you send a physical letter as well as an email.

You can also submit a reconsideration request through the application website.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Alison for the advise. I will suggest that you call me at your earliest convenience to see how you can help in putting together what you have suggested and your fees.

Unfortunately here at JustAnswer we are unable to accept formal instructions to act on your behalf. If you would like details on how to locate a solicitor local to you please do let me know and I can provide guidance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I live in Bromley my post code is BR2 0QL. Please help me locate a solicitor who can take up my issue.
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 7 days ago.

To find a local solicitor within your area, you may visit the following website and use their search function: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.