ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am a student in UK and I just completed my studies. I

Customer Question

Hi, I am a student in UK and I just completed my studies. I travelled to Paris weeks back and I lost my UK residence permit. I reported it to home office as stolen and then applied for a brp replacement visa to enter the UK. I am in the UK now. Before I travelled, I had a Certificate of sponsorship from an employer to apply for a skilled worker visa. So I called UK visas and they said since I have a certificate of sponsorship, I should apply for the visa instead of applying for a new replacement brp. I am doing the application for the skilled worker visa now and there is a question that I am confused about answering, The question is, What is your current UK visa, entry clearance or grant of leave? Should I put Replacement brp visa or I should use my Student Leave to Enter (although my brp is lost). The next question that follows is, Do you have a biometric residence permit? The options are: a) Yes, I have a biometric residence permit. b) No, I had a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave, but I do not have it now. c) No, I did not have a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave. Which option should I choose? Please help.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There’s nothing else, I typed everything and sent.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You would select that you are in the U as a student. THis is the case although the BRP is lost.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

You would then select the option "b" - No, I had a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave, but I do not have it now.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

You are welcome

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Customer/p>