ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have a question about my switch from skilled worker visa

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** have a question about my switch from skilled worker visa to bno visa
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: I came to the UK on a skilled worker visa in April 2021. I applied as the BNO dependent in March 2022. I then terminated my employment with my employer who sponsored my skilled worker visa on May 31, 2022. I have been advised to withdraw my BNO dependent application because I travelled outside Uk while pending for a decision. I withdrew my BNO dependent application on Aug 1, 2022 and submitted a new application as the main applicant of BNO holder (not a dependent) on the same day
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: I would like to understand if I’m overstaying in the Uk and can I apply my BNO application in the UK or do I need to leave the country I talked to a lawyer before about my previous application but not this new question
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that’s all
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That’s all. Thanks
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You would not be considered an overstayer in these circumstances. You would also not have been required to leave the UK in order to submit the new application.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks so much!
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
You are welcome
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Customer/p>