LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I applied for british citizenship for my son who is under

Customer Question

Hi. I applied for british citizenship for my son who is under 18, born and lived in UK. I found difficult with the last question like you are the applicant or someone else. Please can you tell me which answer is correct? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I do the application online. I live in Wales (Swansea). I'm not British, I'm romanian.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello. Please can you tell me which answer I need to choose on the question you are the applicant or someone else? I applied for my son under 11
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
Good
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Evening I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry I prefer to type
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

If filling on behalf of your son then you would state on his behalf and fill out your required details.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

I hope this answers your question and please do let me know if you require further clarification.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
At the end of the application is this :
I am the applicant
I am the representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the consent of this application with them
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do the application online but I download the form and is different answer. If the applicant is under 16 must tick the answer "I'm the applicant"
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm confirm... And that 2 answer which I written
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

If you are the applicant and over 16 you just need to tick that as per the form.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am the mum of applicant.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
Then you need to tick the box that declares you are applying on behalf of them and applicant under 16.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry I didn't understand nothing
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

To clarify the first box is your the applicant as your not a legal representative to tick.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Do you have any further questions?