LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Me and my partner are looking to get married but her student

Customer Question

Hi, me and my partner are looking to get married but her student visa will expire in Jan 2023 and within few months she will apply for psw visa. We are looking to get married but only been together for few months. My family has approved her but her family will be traveling from India in December for approval and the ceremony. How can we go about it and can you get married on fiancee visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm a British citizen and live in the UK. I'm earning above 18,600
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is not working at the moment and looking for a full time job in her field
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
Good
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

evening I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hey
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Whilst she is on the graduate visa she would be able to get married in the U.K. and will not require the marriage visitor visa. The first step is give your notice of marriage to the local council.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will she be able to get married on the fiancee visa?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
the marriage visitor visa will also allow her to marry however if she has another visa she will not require if she is on the graduate visa.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how long is fiancee visa valid for and how long does it take to get approved?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She hasn't got the graduate visa yet, should she get graduate visa or fiancee visa?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.
Current processing time for marriage visitor visa is 3 weeks however cannot be applied from inside the U.K.