How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3232
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My partner has US passport and work in UK using tier 2 visa.

Customer Question

Hi my partner has US passport and work in UK using tier 2 visa. He recently lost his tier 2 visa card, but we are planning to travel to Paris over the weekend. Can he still travel and apply for a tier 2 replacement card upon his arrival back to UK?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Evening I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.1

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Laeyer Ak, thanks for helping me
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

He should apply for replacement before travelling apply In emergency circumstances would that be allowed.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
we only have wednesday and thursday before our planned trip on friday
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
dont think there is enough time...
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I mean, for Americans they should be able to enter as traveller right? and then he can apply when back to the UK?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Ak are you still there please?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.
As an American he can enter Europe the problem is returning back without a Brp card he can be refused entry.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
American can enter UK as tourist, does it work plz?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We really are quite short of time
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

If stopped at immigration that’s where the problem would occur. Yes they are able to use the gates in U.K. airports.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yah if he can use the gates that would be perfect. Strictly speaking if he gets asked by a person at immigration, he can’t say he is entering for visiting me right? They will see his brp info in the system?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
With such short time frame what do you recommend us do plz?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.
I advise applying for the BRP as it can be risky on return.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Dear Ak, upon arrival could we possibly say we lost the Brp in Paris and will apply when bk in UK?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 6 days ago.
Unfortunately please refer to my advice already given above,